Black–Eyed Pea Jambalaya
1 medium onion, minced
1 cup cubed ham
1 lb. ground beef or sausage
1 T Crystal Steak Sauce
1 T Crystal Worcestershire Sauce
1 can black – eyed peas, drained (reserve liquid)
½ cup green bell pepper, minced
1 cup rice
Number of servings: 4
1. In a large skillet, sauté onion and green bell pepper in shortening until transparent.
2. Add ground beef, ham, Crystal Steak Sauce, and Crystal Worcestershire Sauce; simmer.
3. When meat is cooked, add rice and simmer until the rice begins to fry.
4. Combine liquid from black – eyed peas with enough water to equal 2 ½ cups liquid.
5. Add rice to mixture. Stir occasionally until rice is tender (about 40 minutes).
6. Just before removing rice mixture from the fire, heat black – eyed peas.
7. Place rice mixture onto center of serving platter and spoon peas around the rice.
DOWNLOAD THIS RECIPE
See Previous Recipes of the Month!